After update brew to latest version, when calling
cask related command, it always outputs
Error: Cask 'java' is unavailable: No Cask with this name exists., such as
brew list --cask. However, the
brew command works.
After doing some research, I found Java has been moved to homebrew/core. This makes sense now. I installed java by cask, but it’s not available now and cask throw this error. If I uninstall java from cask, the error should disappear.
This is not easy as cask is broken. Finally, I found this issue: brew cask upgrade fails with “No Cask with this name exists”. After running
rm -rf "$(brew --prefix)/Caskroom/java, cask is back.